Fanfury solves some of the biggest issues in traditional fantasy sports, and in the process, is unrolling new earning opportunities for the Sports and Terra community.
One of these unique opportunities are Team Fan Clubs, virtual factions based on real-world sports teams.
What Are Team Fan Clubs?
When you hear Team Fan Clubs, think perpetual-motion profit machines ( and no, this is not some make-believe!).
Team Fan Clubs are unique, exclusive ‘membership only’ clubs for fantasy sports players, team fans and sports enthusiasts. They are in-game assets on Fanfury that give you the opportunity of owning your own favorite sports team.
If you have ever dreamt of owning your favorite club — and I know I have, you now have the chance to make that dream come true. Except, this time, the benefits are more than just having priority ticket access and exclusive discounts.
There are 250 Team Fan Clubs on Fanfury (each representing a real sports team), spread across five major sports and over a thousand leagues. Owners of these Fan Clubs are entitled to:
1. Fractional ownership of the protocol itself through:
- 40% of the profits that the protocol generates through Rake Fees;
- Governance Voting Rights on the protocol’s revenue sharing, reward distribution, Rake Fee percentage, and more.
2. Perpetual revenue source:
- The rewards that are paid out to the Fan Clubs are generated through sustainable Rake Fees
- These Rake Fees are part of the existing circulating supply, making these rewards, non-inflationary.
- They are also perpetual, because as long as the protocol is generating traffic, it is also generating revenue, and profit. This goes on in a never-ending circle, with the previous day’s profit margins paying for the traffic that comes in on the day.
Owning a Team Fan Club
Owning a Team Fan Club is like owning FanDuel, Draftkings or any of the multiple fantasy sports platforms, while solving the three major issues they face:
- Acquisition: When you’ve got fantasy sports players & fans as owners, the platform gets driven by organic growth.
- Retention: With fantasy sports players & fans as owners, they invariably become platform custodians.
- Referrals: As an owner of a TFC, your only job is to bring more people into the platform. Which, to be honest, is not so difficult — especially since even when you lose, you win.
There are two sets of users that are required, in order for the claim on the club to be valid and pushed through.
A. Owners (Potential Owners)
Potential Owners who compete against each other to secure the ownership rights of the Fan Club, much like a traditional auction. These are generally community members who actively participate in discourse around the Sports Club. These PO’s could be:
- Podcasters — Fantasy Sports, Sports Club, Sports (General), Fantasy Tippers;
- Club/Team Influencers on social media (TikTok, Instagram, Twitter);
- Dedicated YouTube Channels;
- Content Creators;
- Fan Groups;
- Supporters Trusts
Members are supporters of the Sports Club that have an interest in the Club and are driven by their respective PO’s, to show their support. These members pledge their support by making a minimum bid of $100.00. The PO who brings in the most supporters will claim ownership of the Fan Club.
These members could be:
- Club Fans
- Fan Groups
- Content Consumers
Claiming a Team Fan Club at app.fury.fan
In order for Potential Owners to Claim a Team Fan Club, they need to take part in the auction of the Fan Clubs, scheduled to take place during the Forge FTV sale. The auction is divided into two parts:
How to claim a Fan Club? — For Potential Owners
- This is done by the Potential Owners who want to claim these clubs. Potential Owners will need to come to the Fanfury webapp, and register as a Potential Owner, and put in a claim request for ONE Fan Club per account;
- Potential Owners will need to go through a KYC Process in order to ensure that users are not abusing the system by claiming more than one Fan Club
- Potential Owners will fill in their own personal information, as well as their social information
- More than one Potential Owner can lay a claim request on a Fan Club;
- Potential Owners that pass the KYC process are then given their own personal referral page to which they can direct their supporters
- They are also given the opportunity to offer their own rewards in addition to the value offering of the Fan Club itself
Pledging Support — Members
- These are subscribers and affiliates of Potential Owners that are coming to the platform to pledge their support
- They pledge their support by placing a bid on their Potential Owner’s claim to own a Team Fan Club
- A minimum bid amount of $50.00 will be required to pledge support.
- They are given 6 days to bid multiple times
Assigning Owners to Team Fan Clubs
The Potential Owners of the Team Fan Clubs, are determined by the smart contract and assigned based on the number of pledges brought in, not on the amount of funds.
Once the TFC’s have been assigned to their respective owners, the Owners are now eligible to get rewards that will get paid out as soon as the first epoch of 8 hours is complete, based on what percentage of the total amount of staked $Fury he commands in his TFC.
Both Owners and Members have the option to either claim their rewards on a daily, weekly or monthly basis or choose to auto-compound them every epoch.
Benefits Of Owning A Team Fan Club On Fanfury.
Now, if you’ve been making use of a sports team to generate your paid content as a sports influencer, an existing sports fan club, or a fantasy sports channel, here are reasons why you should ditch that and own a TFC on Fanfury or be a part of one:
Permanent Passive Income: As a sports influencer, when you own a Fan Club on Fanfury, you get a more long-term and sustainable passive income source.
Dual-incentives: Owners and members drive organic playing traffic and organic referrals to the platform to claim dual-incentives. You get rewarded for referrals and claim rewards for competing for the main prize.
Incentivize your subscribers in the long run: All bids paid by your contributors and subscribers represent a share in your Fan Club, giving them part-ownership. And as part-owners, they get a percentage of the daily profits generated from Fanfury.
Drive community Ownership & governance on the platform: Since Fanfury is a community-owned fantasy sports app, 40% of all profits generated after each contest gets split among the 250 Fan Clubs (FCs). Owners of these FCs receive 1% of their FCs revenue.
You get full ownership of an in-game asset on Terra’s first-ever fantasy sports platform.
Perks of being a member
- All bids paid by subscribers represent a share in that Fan Club, invariably giving them part-ownership.
- Being a part-owner of a Fan Club, gets you a percentage of the Rake Fee (profits) that the platform generates daily.
Steps on how to claim a Fan club on Fanfury
There are 250 fan clubs available for claiming on Fanfury.
- First, connect your Terra Wallet address by hitting the Connect wallet button at the end of your webpage. If you do not own a Terra wallet, don’t fret- you can use your Email address, Twitter, and even your Facebook ID to get started, and a terra wallet will be created for you from our end.
- Click on the “Claim a Fan Club” button on your web screen.
- Input your Discord, Telegram ID, Twitter handle, and your other social media URL ( your IG would suffice)
- Tap the Done button.
- Make a minimum payment of 100UST to register your claim to your chosen Fan club.
- Once your Claim request is registered, you will get a unique referral code.
- Fill in your preferred Display Name, make sure to add a description, and click on the Save & Preview button below.
- Copy your referral link, and share it with your friends, family, and subscribers.
Steps on how to join a Fan Club
- Head to the Join a Club section to bid for the preferred potential Owner of your choice.
- Look up your preferred potential Owner and click on their names to open up their bid pages.
- Ready to commit your bid for the PO of your choice? Hit the Back PO button.
- Connect your Terra Wallet or Login using your email address, Twitter, and even Facebook account.
- For those with a Terra address, enter the amount you plan on bidding.
- Enter your bid in the space provided and press Proceed.
- Head to your Terra Wallet to confirm the transaction by signing, and voila! You’ve successfully subscribed to the Fan club of your selected PO.
- Don’t own a Terra Wallet? When you log in using your Email address, you’ll immediately get redirected to a Google sign-in page.
- Correctly enter your Email address and password.
- Note that a Terra address has been created for you on the Fanfury end.
- Click on Add Money; you can choose to use Kado or Transak for this transaction.
- Keep in mind that 1USD equals 1UST. Enter the amount of stable coin you plan on buying and press the Buy Now button.
- Please, bear in mind the minimum bid is 51UST due to the 1UST needed for the gas fee.
- Input your email address, enter the verification code sent, and put in your Kado password.
- Proceed to commit your bid on your preferred PO after UST has been added to your account.
On that note, the Fanfury X Prism forge launch is set to take place from the 18th-22nd of April 2022. During this period, 25.2 million $FURY tokens will get allocated to users who contribute UST to the pool.
Additionally, Participants that go through the deposit page will be able to claim their available tokens, engage in gameplay, and even sell their tokens.
Following the Prism Forge launch, the Token Generation Event (TGE) will happen on the 23rd of April, and the mainnet goes LIVE right after!
Finally, boys, girls, and other pals, the time is nigh — tighten your seatbelts and get ready for landing as we have just sighted our destination and are about to land on Fanfury’s planet in the metaverse.